VAC3300 - Lead Technician Engineering Safety
Facilities & Site Management
Full Time - Permanent
Qatar - Doha
ROLE & CONTEXT:
This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of engineering safety related to Technical Projects.
Also it ensures all in-house projects and projects executed by external contractors adhere to Ooredoo’s Security standards & policies in order to ensure safety of equipments and personnel
Engineering Services department is responsible for installation & maintenance of various power, mechanical & electrical systems in all Ooredoo sites, buildings, offices, etc thereby ensuring continuity of business operations. The role holder will carry out Technical Safety inspection and advise safety standards as per international regulation. Shall assess the potential HSE risks/ aspects for all new activities in accordance with Ooredoo Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment Procedure.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of safety related to Technical projects.
- Responsible for fire protection in project sites and ensure preventive measures are taken to avoid any accidents.
- Ensure appropriate disposal of materials and avoid bad storage and any potential hazards thereof.
- Ensure the appropriate use of scaffoldings and other materials in masonry construction.
- Continuously monitor the usage of various technical & civil materials & instruments and ensure their proper usage as per agreed plans & procedures.
- Supervise the electrical work, fire prevention control and other potential hazard elements at Ooredoo Technical projects.
- Focal point of contact for all health & safety awareness sessions and provides educational & training programs related to safety & health for Ooredoo staff as well as Contractors working in Technical Projects.
- Conduct periodic risk assessment and advice corrective remedial measures to ensure safety of all establishments.
- Investigate accidents and ensure proactive remedial measures are taken to avoid such occurrences in future.
- Ensure that Safety guidelines issued by Safety & Security department are adhered to.
- Report to superior on a periodic basis on the status of adherence to safety at various technical projects.
- Coordinate with Safety & Security department on issues related to non-compliance, potential hazard & any other feedback pertaining to safety policies & procedures.
This role has significant impact on safety of Ooredoo Technical Projects implemented in-house & by external contractors.
Costs & Profitability
- Monitor safety of all projects carried out by the external contractor and ensure that the project is completed in accordance with Ooredoo Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment Procedure as well as Q-Tel Security standards & policies.
- Carry out proper auditing at all Ooredoo Technical & Non Technical Site for Risk Assessment in coordination with Safety & Security Department.
- Identify potential safety related hazards and bring to the notice of senior management.
- Provide possible resolution to identified potential hazards.
- Check & report on safety of technical projects and ensure guidelines are being followed properly.
Planning & Organizing
- Monitor safety standards at various technical projects and suggest corrective actions to Contractors/Vendor.
- Plan and organize safety audit of technical projects in coordination with the Security & Safety department.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & DECISION MAKING:
Team working, Coaching/Development & Leadership (Coaching & Leadership applicable to people managers)
- Work as an effective team member and coordinate all safety related issues with Security & Safety department.
- Ensure all users are well aware of the safety guidelines and adhere to these at all occasions.
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
- Strong communication skills to interact with various parties.
- Strong communication skills for dealing with external consultants & contractors and various Ooredoo Departments.
- Authority to take decisions in areas of safety guidelines implementation including corrective & remedial measures in coordination with extend Contractor/Vendor.
- Final decisions on implementing Q-Tel safety standards & policies at Projects
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI):
- Risk Management of new construction & maintenance projects.
- Check & Audit Ooredoo Technical Projects.
- Necessary liaison & coordination with all the concerned engineers, departments, contractors etc
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- 5 years of total work experience
Knowledge of safety systems within the telecom environment with a sound understanding of health and environment issues
Minimum Entry Qualifications
ملاحظة: يجب إرفاق الملفات التالية:
1. Resume / cv